Led by Emanuele Biggi, naturalist and professional wildlife photographer
With the local guide Phillip Conradie (Africa Windows)
Departing June 3rd, return June 17th 2016 (14 days plus flights)
A really complete naturalistic and photographic trip for a small group of people (max 10 people). We’ll visit some of the most amazing zones of the Namib desert, inhabited by unique species of animals and plants.
Come experience the magnificence of Namibia, its breathtaking landscapes and fascinating nature made of big and small animals and strange plants with the most curious adaptations.
From Windhoek we transfer by road to Weltevrede and the Sossusvlei region, a world-known Heritage site of permanent dunes of almost unknown age. Here we capture striking dune landscapes and the typical dead acacia trees at Deadvlei.
Then we’ll head toward Swakopmund,where you are in for a life-changing experience when we show you the unexpected beauty and abundance of life that exist within the coastal dunes of the Dorob National Park. We’ll also visit the seal colony along the Skeleton Coast.
In the Brandberg (Fire Mountain) in the heart of Namibia and known for its awesome rock structures, thousands of examples of ancient Bushman rock art which includes the mysterious White Lady, rare footage in color and light can be expected. Here we will try to find and photograph the rare and amazing desert elephants.
Finally we’ll visit the Etosha National Park, where we’ll enjoy the ultimate game viewing safari. Then before departing back home, we’ll visit the Naankuse center where we’ll meet, walk with and photograph semi-tame cheetahs as well as other rescued animals.
MAIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP:
– Desert landscape
– Fauna and flora of arid regions (Orix gazelles, Springboks, succulent plants, many species of birds and raptors)
– The “small five” into the Dorob National Park: Namaqua chameleon (Chamaeleo namaquensis), Peringuey’s adder (Bitis perinqueyi), Shovel-Snouted Lizard (Meroles anchietae), Cartwheeling Spider (Carparachne aureoflava), Desert gecko (Pachydactylus rangei).
– Sossusvlei and Deadvlei famous dead trees
– Flamingos, seals and even some predators like brown hyenas and black-backed jackals along the Skeleton Coast
- Desert elephants of Brandberg
- Big carnivores, elephants and rhinos in the Etosha National Park
THIS TRIP IS PERFECT FOR…
– To all amateur and professional photographers that want to visit Namibia and return home with stunning images
– To all nature lovers and naturalists who want to discover the nature of Namibia
We’ll have a strong “photographic” approach, so we’ll have time to appreciate all places we’ll visit, without any urge to go “shopping” or similar things.
We don’t accept people that have true phobias: spiders, snakes, birds, insects. Those who are just a bit afraid will end the trip loving them, don’t worry!
The price below is not fixed but already very accurate. It could variate positively or negatively depending on people number, single room request and it obviously could vary depending on currency exchange at the moment of payment (in Euro)
price per person: 3200 €
this price NOT INCLUDES:
– all flights
– snacks during the trip
– two dinners (a few euros only)
– Personal travel and emergency medical evacuation insurance (recommended)
– Laundry (laundry service available at lodges at extra cost)
– Items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc)
TO REGISTER or to have any logistic information please contact our trip manager Alessia firstname.lastname@example.org